Already using inFlow On-Premise and want to move to inFlow Cloud? Sure thing! You can migrate your existing data from inFlow Inventory so you don’t have to re-do everything.
Please note: inFlow On-Premise and inFlow Cloud are two separate products that do not sync. An inFlow On-Premise backup file can be added to inFlow Cloud, but inFlow Cloud data can’t be transferred to inFlow On-Premise.
Create a backup file in inFlow On-Premise
- Open inFlow On-Premise on the main / server computer.
- Click the Main Menu button > General > Backup Data.
- Select the location on your computer you’d like to save the backup.
- Click Save.
For full steps on backing up and restoring to inFlow On-Premise take a look at this article.
Uploading the backup to inFlow Cloud
Please note that any data you entered into inFlow Cloud before uploading an On-Premise backup will be cleared.
inFlow Cloud can transfer On-Premise backup files from version 3.0.8 and newer. If you have an backup file made from an older version of inFlow On-Premise contact support.
- Click on the Main Menu button (top left hand corner) > Options.
- Select the Company Settings tab.
- In the Manage my data section click Transfer data.
- In the step 1 section, click the Okay, done button, since you’ve already made the backup file.
- In step 2, click on the Browse button upload the backup file.
- In the final step, double check that you’ve selected to correct backup file. If you haven’t, click on the No, choose again link. When have the correct backup, then click the Yes, Continue button to start the data transfer.
If you are giving inFlow Cloud a try, we recommend inputting data into both inFlow Cloud and inFlow On-Premise during your trial.
If at any point you’d like to reset the database take a look at this article for detailed steps.