To update the Category field on multiple products at once, you can use a Product Details import.
The quickest way to do this is to export your current products into a spreadsheet first:
- Go to the Main Menu > Inventory > Product List. You can use this screen to export all of your products, or you can filter for specific products only.
- To export your product list, right-click on the column header and select Export Contents to CSV and save the file to your computer.
- Open the resulting file in Excel and update the Category column with your new product categories.
- Save the file as a .CSV file type (click Save As and select “.csv (comma delimited)” from the “Save as type:” drop down).
- Click Save (Excel will warn you about the loss of formatting, this is not a problem, please click Yes to complete your save).
Once you have your updated import file, all you need to do is import it into inFlow!
- Click Main Menu > General > Import Data.
- Select Product Details as the data type at the top of the screen.
- Click the Browse button to select your import file and click Next.
- In the following screen, match the inFlow field Item Name/Code and Category to the correct column in your file (Item and Category) by selecting them from the drop down list (see screenshot below).
- Once you’re satisfied with your matches, click Next.
That’s it! Your product categories will now be updated with those from your import file.
For steps on how to import other types of data into inFlow Cloud, have a look at our import guide here.