Sometimes customers send in a large payment to cover outstanding invoices. If you want to apply that payment to several orders at once, you can use the batch payment feature in inFlow Cloud. This is also possible for payments to your vendors.
Watch our QuickTip video here to see this feature in action, or see below for step by step instructions.
To pay multiple orders at once:
- Go directly to the Customer’s record via Main Menu > Sales > Customer List (or to the Vendor’s record via Main Menu > Purchasing > Vendor List)
- Select your customer (or vendor) from the list and double-click to open it
- Click the Collect Payment button at the top of the record
- A window will pop up showing the current outstanding orders
If your customer has outstanding refunds, inFlow will notify you in the window. Before processing your batch payment, we recommend addressing these (by giving the money back or issuing a customer credit) so that your customer’s account balance reflects only what they owe you.
- Enter the payment in the Amount box at the top and check the orders that will be paid off. inFlow will re-calculate to show you any outstanding balances.
- Click OK to complete the payment