You can choose the taxing scheme you’d like to apply to your order at the bottom left corner of your sales order. To select a taxing scheme, simply click into the drop down and choose the correct taxing scheme.
If it does not appear in the list you can always add a new scheme by choosing Add New Taxing Scheme from the dropdown instead.
To add a new taxing scheme:
- Click the Add New Taxing Scheme option in the dropdown as shown in picture above.
- Enter a name for your taxing scheme (something you will recognize as this will be what displays in the dropdown (eg. CA Tax as above).
- Next, enter the tax name (eg. State Tax as above).
- Enter the percentage to be charged, for example 8.25%.
- If you have a secondary tax rate to apply, repeat these steps for those columns.
- Click Save & Close.
On inFlow Cloud for Web, you’re not able to add a new tax directly from a sales order. Take a look below for steps on how to add taxes to inFlow first, then use that tax on a sales order.
- Go to https://app.inflowinventory.com/options/orders.
- Click on Taxing schemes.
- From here click on +add new taxing scheme.
- Enter the tax name and rate. And you can toggle on Show secondary if you need to further break down your tax.
- Click the Save button when done.
Once the taxing scheme has been added to inFlow, you can choose that tax directly on the sales order.