How to create a vendor in inFlow Cloud
Creating new vendors
- From the Homepage, click on New Vendor. (Or go to Main Menu > New Vendor.)
- Fill out the Vendor name, then click Create.
- You’ll be directed to the newly made vendor record.
- Click Save when done.
Interested in importing your vendors in bulk? Check out our guide on importing data here!
Error creating a new vendor
If you see the error “This vendor name is already in use”, it’s likely this customer already exists.
inFlow doesn’t allow you to have more than one customer with the same name. To fix this, you can reactivate the vendor record.
On this tab, you can add more settings for the vendor. See below for a breakdown of the Overview fields.
Balance and Credit
Balance and Credit can’t be adjusted. The figures are the result of calculations from the order history and any credits that have been issued to you.
- Balance: This is the total amount that you owe to this vendor (from unpaid purchase orders).
- Credit: The total credits the vendor has issued to you instead of a refund.
You can add vendor addresses in this section. To add new addresses, click Add new. You can set the address type and set a default address.
This is where you can enter the vendor’s financial-related information. This includes:
- Payment terms
- Currency (pricing scheme)
- Payment method
- Taxing scheme
- Price includes taxes
This section is for setting general preferences for your vendor. This includes:
- Lead time
This field is where you can leave internal notes about the vendor. All team members with access to customer records will be able to view the remarks field.
Vendor product tab
The vendor product tab is where you can see a list of all the products you’ve purchased from the vendor. If products are missing, you can select them by clicking Add products.
Order history tab
On this tab, you can see the list of the last 100 purchase orders made to the vendor. Orders are listed from newest to oldest.
If you’d like a full list, take a look at the Purchase order details report and filter by the vendor name.
Note: Team members with restricted location access can only see orders that are in the location(s) they have access to.
Vendor list view
If you’d like to see a full list of your customers:
- Click on the Vendor list from the inFlow Homepage to view all the vendors in inFlow. (Or you can click on Main Menu>Vendor list when navigating from other inFlow screens.)
- To narrow down the customer list, select All filters, and add a checkmark next to a filter you want to search by.
- The chosen filter will be added to the vendor list menu, where you can enter what you’d like to search for.
Creating new vendors
To start, head over to Main Menu > Purchasing > New Vendor to input your vendor details.
Name and Contact
The only required field to create a vendor record is the Name field under the Basic section. The data in this field must be unique.
If you’re trying to create a new vendor and get the error “This vendor name is already in use”, then you have likely deactivated this vendor record. inFlow doesn’t allow you to have two vendors with the same name. To fix this, you can find and reactivate that vendor record as shown here.
Generally, you’ll want to put the company name in the Basic name field and a contact person in the Contact name field, as seen in the screenshot above.
The remaining fields, Balance and Credit, cannot be adjusted and are a result of calculations of the order history with the vendor and any issued credits to you.
In the address section, you can enter your vendor’s business address. Click the empty box below where it says Business address and fill in the info.
Purchasing Info (optional)
This section covers any default settings you want to automatically use in a sales order for the specific vendor. This is useful so you don’t have to manually change payment / taxing info per vendor, especially if they always use a specific one. In the example above, your vendor has given you 60 days to pay for any order that they’ve invoiced you on, and everything is also automatically set to Canadian dollar pricing.
You can also choose to specify taxing schemes (if they’re in a different state using different tax rates, for example) so you don’t accidentally pay the wrong tax.
What else can I do from the vendor screen?
Asides from storing useful information, there are other things you can do on this screen as well! You can:
- change or add multiple receiving addresses
- pay off several orders to the vendor with one batch payment
- print/email a vendor statement showing balances/payments due
Creating new vendors
Open the inFlow app on your Android or Apple device.
- At the top left-hand corner tap the Main Menu button (3 horizontal lines).
- Tap on Vendors.
- On the next screen, tap the plus sign at the top right corner of the screen to add a new vendor.
- Of all the fields on the screen, the Vendor Name at the top is the only one required for you to enter to save a vendor to inFlow.
- Enter the name of your vendor along with any other information you want to fill out. When done, click SAVE at the top right corner of the screen.