If you need to change the name of a single product, you can enter a new name into the product record and save it. If you need to change the name of many products, it may be faster to use a product details import by following these steps:
- Create a spreadsheet file that has a column with all of your current product names (an easy way to do this is exporting your product details).
- Add a new column and call it “Desired Name”.
- For each product you want to change the name of, enter the new name into the Desired Name column.
- When you’ve finished adding new names, save the file as a CSV (comma delimited) file.
- Open inFlow, and click Main Menu > General > Import Data.
- Select the Product Details data type, Browse to the file you just saved, then click Next.
- On the next screen, click Change name.
- Match the Desired Name column to the Desired Name field, and the column with your current product names to the Current Name field by selecting them from the drop down lists.
- Click Import to update all of the item names.
Note: You can’t undo the import, however you can restart from step 1 if you want to change your product names again.