Currently, we have official translations of French, Spanish, and Chinese for inFlow Cloud for Windows only..
Right now the four languages are the only ones included with inFlow, but you can choose to export the program labels/fields to Excel, translate them yourself (or have someone else translate them for you), then import that back into inFlow.
The language setting in inFlow is personal — this means if you’ve created multiple team members in your inFlow Cloud account, they can each choose to use inFlow in any one of the official translations (English, French, Spanish and Chinese). It’s not a global setting.
To change your display language:
- Go to Main Menu > Options > Personal Settings.
- Click the Display Language drop down near the bottom of the window.
- Choose the language you wish to use: English, Español, Français or 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese).
Please also note that with older versions of Windows you will sometimes have to install the East Asian characters when attempting to switch to Chinese.
inFlow can help you import your own language into the program but first, you need to translate the labels.
To get a copy of the label file:
- Go to Main Menu > General > Export Data.
- Choose Language as your data type and click Next. The file will be exported to CSV.
- Open this file in Microsoft Excel (or some other program if you prefer) and add the translations to your own language into the Custom Value column (column 2).
- Click File > Save as and then make sure to save it as a CSV (Comma Delimited) type file.
See the example screenshot below of an “English” translated file. Leave the first column alone and put in the translations of the information on the left under the CustomValue column.
Once you are satisfied with the new language entries you can import the language back into the program in the same manner.
To import the translated labels:
- Go to Main Menu > General > Import Data.
- Choose the language name to import.
- Select the Add new language.. option and enter the name of the language you’re importing into the field provided.
- Click Save & Close then select your new language name from the updated drop down list.
- Click Next to import the language.