You can send emails from inFlow Cloud for Windows and Web without any additional setup. However, if you’d like to customize your email settings, you can do by following the steps in this article.
inFlow Cloud for Windows
The toolbar at the top of sales orders and any other printable record contains an Email button. Clicking this will bring up a preview window where you can select which document to email.
To add more than one email address to any field, separate them with commas.
- Reply-To: The email address that replies to emails you send through inFlow will be sent to (not shown when using legacy email settings).
- Cc: Click this to add a field where you can add other email addresses that will also receive the email by carbon copy.
- Bcc: Click this to add a field where you can add other email addresses that will also receive the email by blind carbon copy.
- To: The email address of your intended recipient. You may add multiple emails here by separating them with a comma.
- Subject: The subject line of the email to be sent.
- Message: The body of the email to be sent.
- Attachment: The document will automatically be attached in PDF format (custom documents will be attached in Microsoft Word .doc or .docx format).
Additional options for email when on the windows application.
Clicking the Send button from the Compose Email window will send the email. If there is an error, an error dialog will be shown shortly afterwards. If you’re having trouble getting emails to send, please take a look at our troubleshooting guide.
The customer’s email address (from the Customer details record) will be automatically filled out for Customer Statements and Sales documents, or a vendor’s email address for Vendor Statements or Purchase documents. If you change the “To” address, a save icon will appear next to the “To” field, allowing you to save the email address back to the Customer or Vendor record.
For other documents (associated with a Work Order, Stock Transfer, Stock Adjustment, or Count Sheet), clicking the save icon will remember this email address as the default recipient for the current inFlow user and that type of document.
Cc and Bcc will be automatically filled out if you’ve saved emails into the Default Cc and Default Bcc fields.
inFlow Cloud for web
Sales Order documents can be emailed from inFlow Cloud for Web. To email a document, take the following steps:
- Open a Sales Order by going to the Main Menu > Sales Order List, then selecting a sales order from the list.
- Click the Email button in the top bar of the Sales Order, and choose the document you’d like to email.Note: Invoices can’t be emailed if the Sales Order’s balance is negative, Credit Notes can only be emailed if the Sales Order’s balance is negative, and Sales Quote documents can only be emailed from Sales Quotes.
- The send email window will be shown, which will allow you to change the email recipients, the address you’d like your recipients to respond to, and the email’s subject line and message. To add more than one email address to the field, separate them with commas. You can click the Preview document link to view the document page that the recipients will see.
Note: The default Reply-to, Cc, and Bcc email addresses are copied from your email settings, the To email address is copied from the contact email in the Sales Order, and the Subject is copied from the Sales Order number and the document type. There is no default message.
- Click Send to send the email to the recipients.
- The recipients will receive an email that contains a link to the document page, as well as your message.
Clicking Email will bring up a Compose Email window, with the following fields:
Note: Emails in inFlow Cloud for Web cannot be sent using legacy email settings. If you’re currently using legacy email settings, the email will be sent using our new email settings instead. For more information about our legacy and new email settings, please see this article.
inFlow Cloud for Mobile
Emailing from the inFlow Cloud mobile app helps you get more done when on the go. For full steps on how to email from the mobile app, see below.
- Open or create a new sales order.
- Once the order is ready to send to your customer or vendor tap the Actions button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Email order.
- Tap Document type if you’d like to change which document you’d like to send. If you change the document type, the subject line will also change too.
- You also have the option of adding a Cc & Bcc to the
- In the To field, is where you can add the email address of your customer or vendor. You also have the option of adding more than one email address here too.
- At the bottom, you can type in a personalized message.
- When done, click Send at the top right-hand corner.
And now your email has been sent!
Just like sending an email from inFlow Cloud for Web, the recipient will be sent a link to the document that they can print or save as a .pdf file.
Sharing your sales order
Along with emailing your order, you can also share the order from the inFlow Cloud mobile app with any of the contacts on your phone. See below for details.
- First tap on the Actions button.
- Click on Share order.
- Next, tap on which document you’d like to send from the options listed.
- A list of contacts and apps will be listed for you to share your order with. Select one, then your document will be shared with that contact!