We were very pleased to see so many of you participating in the blog contest to prove that you “…KNOW PLENTY!” and win the coveted premium license. Now that the contest is closed and while we wait for the winner to be announced we thought it would be nice to take a look at some tips and tricks that can be gleaned from the answers to these questions!
Have a look, you may find that you’re a winner too…by streamlining your process you may just win back precious time!!
1. USING THE PRODUCT LIST TO SEARCH FOR ITEMS: You can actually clear all your fields at once and start over by right-clicking on the refresh button in the product list. This will clear all your filters and give you the full active products list that you would normally be starting with. It’s a quick way to clear things up and help you find what you’re looking for!
2. NAVIGATION: If every you decide you’d like to go back to a screen you had previously been working on, don’t waste time going to the Main Menu! Simply click and hold the back arrow (to the right of the Menu button at the top left) to see a list of the screens you’ve previously had open. Select the one you want and voila, you’re there!
3. SEARCHING: When looking for an order, product etc. you can speed things up if you know the exact number you’re looking for. If you have the sales order number (for instance), keying in the Sales Order # and hitting enter will tell the program that’s what you’re looking for. If it’s the only entry that is returned inFlow will automatically open it.
4. TRACKING PRODUCT HISTORY: If you’re looking into transaction histories or trying to sort out a discrepancy with a product you will find that the order history tab in your product entry will allow you to open any of the sales orders listed within for a closer look. Simply double click the order you want and inFlow will open it in another tab.
5. SEARCH FILTERS: You can add additional filters to your search by clicking the filter’s field name (eg. Category instead of the white box beside it). When you click here you will see a dropdown list of the other criteria you can swap out for this item. In addition, you can add or remove filters by choosing Add or Remove from the bottom. This can save lots of time if you like to (for instance) look up your stock using barcodes.
6. COLUMNS IN PRODUCT LIST: You can change them! If you have custom fields you’d like to include or other items you’d like to remove you can change the columns included in this screen by right-clicking any of the column headers. You will see a dropdown list appear and anything that has a check mark beside it will be visible in your screen. To remove something uncheck, to add, check it. It’s that simple.
7. REFRESHING PRODUCT RECORDS: Imagine you opened a product record, and realized that you needed to adjust the inventory levels (which you did using the Adjust Stock function in the Main Menu). When the adjust stock window closes you may find that nothing has changed on your product record. That’s because the screen hasn’t been updated. To do so simply click the product’s listing on the left (this should already be highlighted) and you should see the information change to match the adjustment you made.
8. AUTOMATIC CUSTOMER SELECTION: Can be done if you only have one active customer. When that is the case inFlow will skip that step and move straight into the first cell of your table so that you can start scanning right away! For more on this please visit the Knowledge Base for
9.QUICKER STOCK ADJUSTMENTS: If you’re only making an adjustment to one product a quick and easy way to do so might be to change the stock level directly in the product record. Once you’ve done this however you can also add remarks if you’d like to note why you’re changing the stock level. To do so right-click the number you’ve just changed and select “verify…” from the list. The Adjust stock window will pop up with the changes you’d made already filled out and it’s just a matter of entering your remarks and clicking adjust!
10. VENDOR PRICING: Do you have many vendors for one product? Are you looking for a quick way to set all your vendors to the same price? Well look no further, in the product record, under Product Vendors you can now enter the price in the first listed vendor only and then simply right-click and choose “fill down” to set everything below that line to the same price. Remember if any of your vendors list a different price you will need to put them at the top of the list, or change them manually after doing a “fill down”.
Do you have tips or tricks for speeding things up in inFlow? Feel free to share them below!