5 reasons not to make invoices in Word
Next time you need to invoice a customer, the quickest thing to do might be to open up Microsoft Word, find an invoice template, and fill it out. But by investing a bit more time into setting up some business software for invoicing once, you get the following 5 benefits as free side effects forever:
1. Save copies automatically – Instead of printing and filing extra copies of your invoices every time, have them automatically saved for you.
2. Quickly search old invoices – Is a customer calling and asking about an invoice? Instead of fumbling through papers to find it – search electronically by customer, date, or invoice number and find it right away.
3. Track payments – Track payment status right with the invoice instead of keeping separate books.
4. Get reports on sales history – How much money did you make last month? How did your sales in April compare to March? Get these answers right away, without tedious calculations.
5. Automatically track inventory – If you sell products, why enter your invoices in Word and then update your inventory somewhere else? Have it all done for you in one package.
What can you use to get all these benefits? Two common choices are the Quickbooks Accounting Software and Microsoft Office Accounting. Or we designed inFlow Inventory to be a better choice for both non-accountants and people who stock and sell products. You can download the Free Edition right now, which allows you to send out unlimited invoices for free!