Once you have created your custom document, you will need to import the document into inFlow On-Premise first so that you can select it within an order instead of inFlow’s default documents.
To import a custom document:
- Go to Main Menu > Options > Print Settings
- Choose Custom Docs from the icons on the left.
- Click the Add New Custom Doc button.
- Choose one of four types of documents (eg. to create a Sales Order document choose Sales Order, Header & Line Items)
- Click Browse and choose the custom document you’ve created.
- Enter a name for your custom document.
- Click “OK”.
Now, your custom document is in inFlow itself and can be selected for printing.
To print your custom document:
- Click the “Print” button at the top of your order.
- Your newly imported custom document(s) should be at the top of the list under the Custom section. Select it.
- Click the “Open” button to open in Microsoft Word.
- Print from Microsoft Word (or to a PDF reader).
It is not possible for custom documents to print directly without first opening in Microsoft Word. The custom template you have created needs to pull the information from inFlow first, which it can only do by opening it in Microsoft Word. You can see this from the “print preview” of your document in inFlow where there is no actual information in there, just
<<ItemQuantity>>tags (see screenshot above).