Trying to open inFlow On-Premise and it loads for a second … before shutting down with no error?
We see this periodically when the instance of the program is not properly shut down after the last session or there is a bad installation of crystal reports. To correct the problem please attempt the following:
Option 1 – Last instance of inFlow wasn’t shut down properly
- Right click your windows taskbar and select “Start Task Manager” option from the resulting menu.
- Once the Task Manager is started please click the “More Details” button and then the “Processes” tab. Scroll through the list to see if you can located inflow.exe or “inFlow inventory”.
- If you’re able to find it please select it by clicking and then choose the “End Task” button at the bottom. This should stop the instance of inFlow. Once it has disappeared from the list try running the program again, this time it should run without issue.
If you’re not able to find inFlow in the list above, chances are it is indeed an issue with crystal reports.
Option 2 – Problems with Crystal Reports
- Uninstall “Crystal Reports” from your control panel (START > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features / Add or Remove Programs). If you don’t see it here, that’s likely the problem as it should be there. Move on to the next step if so.
- Download the Crystal Reports installer file:For 32-bit: http://inflowinventory.cachefly.net/Download/Installer/ThirdParty/CRRuntime_1306_x86.msi
For 64-bit: http://inflowinventory.cachefly.net/Download/Installer/ThirdParty/CRRuntime_1306_x64.msi(If you’re not sure which version of Windows you have, check your C: drive – if you have more than one ‘Program Files’ folder you’re on a 64-bit and should download the second file; otherwise download and install the first file for 32-bit).
- Check your list of installed programs to ensure that the “Crystal Programs” report is listed. Try running inFlow again.
If you’re still having trouble starting the program after following these steps please contact us at email@example.com.