So what if you have a computer that’s not on the internet? No problem! If you’ve purchased an inFlow On-Premise license, it can be authorized to work offline and all it takes is a one-time set-up. Even if your computer reconnects to the internet at any point after, the offline activation still remains and you do not need to re-do it.
If you can temporarily connect the computer to the internet, do that before you start the offline activation.
Please note that if your hardware changes significantly or if you reinstall or update the version of inFlow, you may need to repeat this procedure.
To activate inFlow offline:
- Go to your Windows Start > type in “inFlow Utilities” and press Enter. This will launch the inFlow Utilities tool.
- Once it’s running click the option “Make inFlow work offline”. If your computer is temporarily connected to the internet this is the last step.
- You will be asked to save an “offline request file” to a portable drive (USB, flash drive, thumbdrive, etc).
- Bring the key to a computer with working internet connection, and go to the offline activation site here.
- On that website, click the “Upload offline request file” button and browse to your USB drive to upload the file created in step 3.
- On the same page, it should provide a download link for the offline certificate. Download it to your USB drive and bring it back to the original computer where you saved the offline request file.
PLEASE NOTE: The downloaded certificate is specific to the hardware on the inFlow server — you cannot use this certificate for any other computer. If you’re having trouble accessing this page (files not appearing, unable to log in) please try accessing it through a different internet browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox etc.
- Back at inFlow Utilities on the offline computer, click “Import Certificate File” and then browse to the certificate file in your USB drive.
- Restart your computer.
Your offline activation should be successful and you can now use inFlow offline, in the edition you have purchased!