Community Forums News & Updates inFlow Tips and Tricks Contest!

inFlow Tips and Tricks Contest!

Tagged: 

• Peter
      Keymaster

Hi everyone and welcome to the inFlow community! We’re super excited to have you here and we wanted to start things off with a bang! To get the ball rolling we’re having a contest to find the best inFlow tips from our insiders.

So, what’s one inFlow feature that saves you the most time and effort? Chances are if it’s something small others may not know about it! Upvote features you use too, or if you learned something new!

The top ten tips each week will be put into a lottery to draw for three $50 Amazon giftcards! We’ll be running this each week for the all of March so be sure to keep up and with our contest as the month goes on. We’ll also be handing out some bonus Prizes as well to the best profile picture, top post (outside of the contest) and most upvotes doled out!

This thread will serve as the contest grounds so stop tiptoeing around and let’s see what you got inFlowers!

20 replies
    • Andrew Lawrence
      Participant

The most useful tip i have learned throughout my time with Inflow is that every, single, tip and trick is right at your fingertips.
      How, you may ask? Let me enlighten you a bit.

I have run into problems time and time again, unable to track down the answers that i am looking for. I have spent hours and hours on certain reports, tracking, building Sales Orders, trying to figure out this and that, the list goes on. Anytime, and i mean ANYTIME, i have an issue, or a bump in the road, i open up my Inflow chat. I think it goes unnoticed how much this online chat can help. I have NEVER experienced such good customer service, backed up by quick responses that instantly made sense. Sometimes the best tips and tricks we as workers get are because somebody was able to get us over the hump, and that is exactly the case with the Inflow chat. I have never been so impressed.

On a side note, did you know that if you have to transfer a part or an item to another designated “location” in the system, you don’t actually need to open a transfer stock sheet? Just go to the inventory tab, hit “product” and type your code in. Open the page with your items information, click the location, and change it to the correct one that pops up ! But make sure you save after!! There you have it, stock has been transferred to your preferred location 🙂 this helped me astronomically, I was always jumping from one page to another, but this cut my time in half, easily. Hope this helps:)

GO RAPTORS GO

Andrew @ CBI Solar

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Wow.

Thank you so much for your post and for all the nice things you’ve got to say about us! We really do try to help out customers as much as we can and it’s to know that sometimes we get there!
        You’re entirely right about the product page as well, it’s a really flexible page and it’s designed to allow for some wiggle room for adjustments like this. These moves will also be tracked too! You can use the Movement History Tab in the bottom right hand corner of the product page to see any and all adjustments like this.

Btw the Leanord trade was a great move, we never needed LeBron. Go Raps!

-1 reply
    • Julie
      Participant

I have used inflow premise for a long time and the most helpful tip I have learned is that when searching for a product, it is so much easier to use the new product screen. From here, you can enter the serial number (quickest way to find something) or you could enter a few key words into the description box and find it that way! You can even filter from category and location on this screen. It is easier because in the new product screen the details of the item you click on appears to the right of the serial numbers listed. So if searching by key word you can click on a few different items to find the one you need without having to switch screens.

The new product screen in my opinion is the most useful screen in all of inflow. It makes searching for products easy and once you find them, it will provide all the information about the item.

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for posting! You’re exactly right that our Product page is SUPER helpful and has a lot of great information packed into it.

We tried to add as much as we could so that you could avoid switching screens just like you mentioned! I’m glad you’re taking advantage of the serial number lookup and we’ve actually added it to the current stock screen as well as the movement history recently to add better trackability to serials.

Thanks again for putting this out here !

Peter

-1 reply
    • Tay
      Participant

We are a company that has been using inflow on premise for a long time. We just recently switched to inflow cloud and we could not be more satisfied.

The most useful tip I have learned while using inflow cloud is the functionality of the historical inventory details report. On this report you can choose a “target date” and then can track your inventory from any point in time. A tip I’ve learned from this report is to filter by “category” and then make sure you have selected all active products!

This is especially helpful to us, a company that buys and sells construction equipment often. I can see with this report, at what times of year we buy and sell the most. Also, this report calculates your quantity owned at end of day of the selected target date. This is helpful to companies balancing their inventory between inflow and another system such as QuickBooks. Since QuickBooks can produce this same report, it makes balancing an easy, painless process.

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Hi Tay,

Thanks for posting! I appreciate you moving over to Cloud with us and I’m really glad that you’re satisfied. We’ve put a lot of work into it and it’s good to know that it makes your day a little easier.

We use the Historical Inventory Details report ALOT to hunt down any discrepancies and dive into data that seems to be coming up incorrectly. Have you and your team taken advantage of the new Export to CSV feature for reports? We released it a few weeks ago and it allows you to get your report out into excel with just one click!

Feel free to reach out to us at support@inflowinventory.com if you wanna chat 🙂

Peter

-1 reply
    • Trailer Terry
      Participant

A very useful tip I have learned since using inflow is how to create a sales quote from the product screen. This is especially useful when you just want to send a quick quote to the customer instead of creating separate invoices for each individual customer interested in a product.

It’s super easy to do this! All you have to do is locate the “sell” button which in is the toolbar at the top of the page. Click the small arrow next to the sell button and then simply click “create sales quote” from the drop down menu.

I have used both inflow on premise and inflow cloud. It is exactly the same to create a sales quote from the product screen with inflow cloud. Making it simple and easy to send multiple sales quotes to customers!

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Hi Terry,

Thanks for posting! Using the Product Page to send off quick quotes is a super effective way to minimize extra work and thanks for sharing. I’m really glad that everyone is using the product page super effectively.

I wanted to ask if you’d taken a look at the Showroom feature of Cloud? We recently added the ability to place orders from it and it can be a great way to give your customer quotes for your products along with a bit more information about them.

If you wanted to chat a bit more feel free to reach out to support@inflowinventory.com and we’ll go from there.

Peter

-1 reply
    • Tyler
      Participant

I think the best trick and most helpful hint with inflow cloud is the Inventory Details Report. With this report you are able to not only sort be certain products but also location! This is so helpful in our business. We have many wholesale dealers and so this helps us keep track of which trailers are where.

With this report I am able to view our entire inventory at any location! This is especially helpful for the wholesale dealers, not only keeping track of what trailers they have of ours, but also what trailers they may want to order in the future. Not only can you filter by location and product, by clicking the drop down arrow on one of the filters you can click “add” and add yet another filter to the search. I take it one step further and then filter by wholesale price for our wholesale dealers and purchase date! This helps me so much in keep track of when the trailers went to certain locations as well as what price they were sold at. We use the inventory details report every single day. I truly believe this is the report that offers the most helpful information for our business.

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Thanks so much for posting and I’m really glad that the inventory details report works so well for you. It’s really cool that you and your team have your dealers set as locations so you can track the stock that you send out to your intermediaries.

I like that you double down on adding more filters to make sure that you weed out any irrelevant information on the report and get you just what you need.

I also wanted to highlight that you can export your reports to CSV now so if you ever needed a backup in excel you can do so at any time! 🙂

-1 reply
    • Tay
      Participant

The best tip for inflow cloud for me is the unpaid orders feature. With this feature we can easily keep track of who still needs to pay us as well as where the bill was originally sent. Inflow helps us easily store customer information like phone number, email, and contact person. This makes it super easy to follow up at any time. Also inflow lets us send another bill right through their system! We love it!

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Hey Again!

Thanks so much for posting and glad sorting by unpaid orders can help the team sort through the unpaid orders and reach out to close out anything outstanding.

There’s lots of great reports that go along with this, you can use things like the Customer Payment Summary or the Customer Order history to generate a list of all outstanding orders at once along with any contact information necessary.

-1 reply
    • Trailer Terry
      Participant

I think the best thing about inflow overall is how easy the process was to switch from inflow on premise to inflow cloud. We were dreading getting a new inventory system and having to input all of our products into a new system. Inflow on premise wasn’t quite working for us anymore in what we needed to do. We needed a cloud base system that could be accessed from anywhere at any time. Instead of switching from inflow to foreign software, we were able to just switch to inflow cloud! Now our salesmen can pull up the price book whenever they want and check what we have in inventory. The representatives helped us so much with the data input and training on the new system. We couldn’t be more pleased with it.

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Hey again!

Thanks so much for the kind words, I’m glad the swap over process was as easy as we tried to make it.

Since, in order to give all the features we wanted to build, we had to move to cloud; we wanted the two programs to look and feel the same to help minimize the pain of moving over.

I’m super happy you and your team are pleased with the software and as always if you ever need anything at all you know where to find us.

-1 reply
    • Julie
      Participant

One of the inflow features that I find useful that I feel like could get overlooked is to keep an eye on the percentage when putting in cost, retail and wholesale amounts. The percentage over cost for the retail and wholesale numbers has helped me several times in catching human (my) errors, in typing. That percentage is a good way to double check that you have entered your costs correctly!

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Hey Again!

Useful little trick there for keeping track of what you’re entering into inFlow to make sure to avoid as much human error as possible.

We make mistakes here all the time, Friday typos will be the death of me, so it’s always good to have a safety net to catch things like this.

-1 reply
    • Tyler
      Participant

A very useful tip for inflow is to deactivate items. I like this feature because if you are done selling a product, and no longer want it to show on your searches, you can deactivate it and get it out of the system. You wont see this product again!

Unless you want to! If you want to see the product again on certain reports. You can just click the drop down menu for the parameters and select “all products.” This will come in handy for companies that like to see all items on certain reports, but also don’t want to be crowded with products in their everyday searches that are no longer in stock.

-1 reply
      • Peter
        Keymaster

Hi Tyler,

Thanks so much for posting again and good call on the deactivated items. We designed it to do exactly that!

We wanted people to still have access to their items and still be able to generate any reports they might need for them but to not be cluttered up with the items on their day to day searches.

You can also still see the items on your Current Stock page if you still have stock! Useful for going over inventory but not mistakenly selling them.

-1 reply
    • Here’s a tip for those that are using Bill of Materials and Work Orders. Often you need to enter a lot of products that are components in a Bill of Materials and you never sell some or all of those components. In order to prevent those non-sellable items from appearing on a sales order, simply give those component products a category, for example “Non-Saleable”, and all your other products that you will be selling a differrent category, for example “Saleable”. Then, using the search function for each line item on the Sales Order, select only “Saleable” items. You can even use sub-categories within these categories to further define and filter the products you want to appear when building a Sales Order. Once you specify it, this filter is active until you change it again.

-1 reply
    • Julie
      Participant

Recently I have found the “Current Stock” screen very helpful. I usually use the search feature by serial number, but current stock is helpful when you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for but you have a few hints. One tip I have is to customize your search field in the top section, you can change those search criteria to any of the available options. Also you can expand the view of the sections below to get a preview of what you are looking at. Then when you double click that item it opens in a new tab, leaving your search in the previous tab. I feel like this has been a mostly un-used section, but it has so many great features and different ways a person can search!

-1 reply

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.